Please kindly visit the official website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Turkey http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa to search the visa requirements for Turkey. If it is needed, a formal invitation letter will be gladly e-mailed for the participants who had completed their registration process.
Visa Information For Foreigners
- As of April 17, 2013, electronic visa (e-Visa) replaces “sticker visa” which was issued at the border crossings. Applicants just need to log on to www.evisa.gov.tr , provide the requested information, (after the application is approved) make online payment and download their e-Visa.
- Please note that e-visa is only valid when the purpose of travel is tourism or commerce. Other purposes, such as work and study, require regular visa given by Embassies or Consulates.
- Passports should be valid at least six months longer than the expiry date of the requested visa.
- The term “official passports” covers diplomatic, service, special and official passports.
- Regardless of the visa regime applied towards the citizens of a country, the travel document holders of that country need to obtain visa from Turkish missions beforehand.
- Foreigners who will shoot a documentary film conduct a research or an archeological excavation should get a special permission from the Turkish authorities in advance.